Wednesday, July 23, 2008

K, not EVERY blog will be this heavy!

Tonight I had a reflexology treatment from the dear Pauline, and boy is she good! I'm so relaxed right now I'm not sure how much of a post I'll be able to type with my eyes open.

Today was a day like many others, filled with the tasks of a stay-at-home Mom. Life is so busy, everyday trying to figure out what to do with my time that will optimize my role in both temporal and spiritual ways. Having days where I feel so run-down with tasks combined with the emotions of raising 5 beautiful children in a world that just has a way of taking all things good and pure and tainting them, and then trying to make us believe it's still good and pure. There is definitely a heavy price that comes with being an LDS mother...the weight of the knowledge we bear, and applying that knowledge to the nurturing of our little ones.

I've come to realize in recent weeks, that through the Lord we can accomplish those things which are of greatest and deepest importance to us. For me, time is important...time to play with my kids, time to clean SOME things in my house (not everything), time to read my scriptures for myself and to my children, time to say my prayers, time to visit teach, time to practice piano, time to prepare FHE lessons. Impossible by myself...possible with the Lord.

I think we fill our time with nonsense. We need to get back to the bare bones of raising a family. Instilling values, morals. Blessing our children with confidence and courage. Teaching them to fight for the little guy. Be a good sport! Play nicely and be kind! Control our tempers a little better so our children can learn to control theirs. Teach them to work, and to contribute...to serve! Our society is just riddled with ridicule, anger and envy...poisonous venom. I need to do better at this...and many, MANY other things.

I am optimistic though! I have faith in other words. I am surrounded by amazing, strong women who constantly teach me things that help me stay grounded, that give me perspective. My Mother being the most prevalent example. She is so level, and wise. She encourages me to do what is right for my family, and not be concerned with comparing myself to others. She's a smart lady...I need to start putting some action to my listening skills!

I am a good Mom...and I am a good wife...I love my husband and children...and that's gotta count for something right? I am happy, and I think that counts for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Pauline and those magic hands.

Jaredinder Fowlsniff said...

i personally would like to here more about this amazing husband of yours.