Saturday, July 26, 2008

Date Night.? YEAH RIGHT!!

I NEED A DATE WITH MY HUSBAND!!! And I know I'm not the only one! The more kids you have, the more skilled a sitter needs to be, and this poses many problems. First of all, we need someone who is at least 16 years old...someone who has had adequate babysitting experience in sitting larger numbers of children. Someone who can "lay down the law" so to speak, when my son decides to starts hitting his sister with his hockey stick with glee in his eyes like if he hits her hard enough, candy just might explode from her like a pinata. (He really isn't THAT bad, he just desperately needs another boy around to help him exert that extra aggression with a little play wrestling...and heaven KNOWS I'm not going to provide him a brother! I never get out on dates with 5 kids...with 6 I may as well get comfy and start counting the days until Hannah is old enough to sit (actually, I already am! approx. 1460 days).

I love the time alone with my husband. No one makes me laugh or have a better time out than he does...only one problem...the ENTIRE time we're out, we talk about our kids...and that is what is making us laugh and have a good time! But that's okay, because we had these kids for a reason...and it's not because we don't find them terribly enjoyable and entertaining. Aside from the occasional scrapping and screaming, we essentially have a variety show in our house on a daily basis, and it is FUN!

But heaven KNOWS at the end of the day, when the house is quiet, and their bodies have stilled for the night (hopefully)...there is just something so nice about turning off "mommy" for a time, and just being "Angie". And there is no one who makes me feel more like "Angie" than my husband. Thanks Jib...I love you.

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

We have a hard enough time finding time to get out with only 3 kids. I was tired of just thinking of 5 under 7. Yikes - you're my hero!

Like you, we find that when we are out together without our kids, all we do is talk about them...and that's what brings us the most laughs...that's what matters...I think!

Ha, on our 5th anniversary, we didn't have a sitter and we ended up for dinner at Ikea with our two tykes under 2...yes, Happy Anniversary to us...but it was still fun.

I enjoy your blog!